Zurück zur Taverne

Questions/Translation checks for Düstere Zeiten Legend 2

Questions/Translation checks for Düstere Zeiten Legend 2

Beitragvon andorblue1 » 9. August 2023, 14:29

Hello,

I play with the French version of Andor, a translation that is far from perfect, with occasional wrong or unclear instructions.
Could you kindly crosscheck those with your German version; thanks.

Düstere Zeiten Legend 2
1) Card F : states that the N token should be moved towards the narrator each sunset, until the goal of the legend is achieved. I surmise it should be until the goal of the legend is known?

2) Thogger card 1 (troubles at the Tree of Songs 1) :
2.1) says that Thogger moves each time a player token reaches hour 7. Does that happen for each player, or only for the first player? As this is what happens for wolves for example
2.2) bonus question, not related to the translation: a player can stop his turn and go to rest at any time right? To avoid reaching hour 7. If I remember correctly this is not allowed in the base game, but allowed in the Star Shield for the wolves. I assume this applies to other expansions?

3) Thogger card 1 and 2 (troubles at the Tree of Songs 1 and 2): card 1 says to move Thogger in the direction of the arrows. Yet, card 2 says that the legend is lost if Thogger reaches space 84. Which can't happen if Thogger moves in the direction of the arrows? What is the correct mechanism for Thogger's movement?

4) in the rulebook, under the Forn (from Dark Heroes) section, it is explained he can spend 1 willpower to revert the direction of arrows. I am confused about how this works, the language is not clear at all.
Thanks ;)
andorblue1

Re: Questions/Translation checks for Düstere Zeiten Legend 2

Beitragvon Kar éVarin » 9. August 2023, 18:33

Hello andorblue1,

always nice to have guests from forgein countries :D
Without looking to the cards I can help you with some of our questions. Maybe others will do better later!

2) I am quiet sure it happens for every player. And of course you can end your day on every hour, even in the base game. There it normaly will have no benefit, but it is not forbidden.
Just remember: You can end your day instead of an action when it is your turn, you can not end your day directly after your turn ;)

3) Thogger moves towards space 84, card 1 is just wrong!

4) This is part of Forns special ability. For he is half a creature he has some of their powers. So he can run in the direction of the arrows with spending 1 willpower instead of an hour.
Ok, reading your question again, I am getting confused, too. I guess it is simply wrong. Maybe this: I remember there are some added arrows in this legend, the creatures do move to an other goal. Perhaps this is meant with reverted arrows... :roll:

Hope, I could help you!
Kar
Kar éVarin

Re: Questions/Translation checks for Düstere Zeiten Legend 2

Beitragvon Ragnar » 9. August 2023, 20:11

andorblue1 hat geschrieben:
Düstere Zeiten Legend 2
1) Card F :
I surmise it should be until the goal of the legend is known?

Correkt

4)
German rulebook:
The arrow tiles change the possible directions in which the halfskral can run by spending 1 will point.

Ragnar
Ragnar